Mongolian responsible textile manufacturers are adopting sustainable practices in order to valorize Mongolian cashmere, protect fragile ecosystem of semi dry rangeland, and preserve natural sources and centuries lasting nomadic culture to our future generations. We would like to highlight some of the efforts made by our member companies. These progresses are updated based on further audit evaluations.
Mongol Textile LLC
As a result of the audit of Mongol Textile LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Water use records are kept regularly and the amount of water per unit of output is regularly calculated.
2. Dye processing technology is stable.
3. Water softening equipment selected.
4. The location of the treatment plant has been determined and a baseline study is ongoing.
5. Steam and electricity records are kept regularly.
6. Started using natural light.
7. Started using natural lighting.
8. Obtained a license to use chemicals.
9. Detailed environmental impact assessments have been conducted in accordance with appropriate procedures.
10. A well-established chemical database.
11. Developed a good draft on the waste procedure.
12. Full utilization of conveyor waste.
As a result of the audit of Uujin LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. The washing machine was replaced with a low-energy consumption machine.
2. Optimal lighting of the factory and department, saved electricity.
3. In order to reduce steam consumption, the boiler is operated according to the product size.
4. The seaming machine was replaced with a low-energy consumption machine.
5. Washing technology is stable.
6. There is an agreement to buy chemicals.
7. Fully utilizes process waste.
Cashmere Holding LLC
As a result of the audit of Cashmere Holding LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Excessive water consumption and cost savings are well calculated.
2. Water softener installed for knitting.
3. Good chemical database
4. It has the advantage of determining the metal content of wastewater.
5. Licensed for chemicals
6. Electricity and steam consumption records are good
7. Advanced initiative to heat the washing steam spinning shop was implemented
8. Produces new consumer products from waste technology (with special workshops for fertilizers, felt and knitting)
9. Updates technical operation records on a regular basis.
10. Electric heat-saving slogans and posters were placed and employees were encouraged.
11. Has a cooperation agreement with the Trade Union.
As a result of the audit of Khanbogd Kashimere LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Internal labor regulations, employment contracts, and job descriptions have been developed and implemented in accordance with the new Labor Law.
2. Steam condensate is reused in the primary plant
3. Solar power generator is installed and used / Energy saving 7781.2 kW /
4. The lighting of the washing and hair removal workshops is well installed and ventilated
5. Has a small treatment plant
6. Good use of water in the washing shop
7. Developed a chemical management policy.
8. Good management of laboratory chemicals
9. Waste packaging procedures and plans for their implementation
10. Solid waste points are designated.
11. Waste and packaging registration is done.
Leader Cashmere LLC
As a result of the audit of Leader Kashimere LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Improved treatment facilities for biological treatment.
2. Metal content of water was analyzed
3. Detailed environmental impact assessment has been conducted and is valid
4. Obtained a chemical license
5. Detailed environmental impact assessment includes waste issues
6. Hazardous chemical waste is recycled by a licensed business entity.
7. The treatment plant is designed to be environmentally friendly and to reduce solid waste
8. Working to install an energy-efficient motor
9. Lighting has been replaced with energy saving.
10. Being economical to produce steam at its own source and solve the heating problem
11. Employees undergo regular medical examinations
Nans Cashmere LLC
As a result of the audit of Nans Cashmere LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Good technology to produce finished products
2. Introduced automatic chemical technology system in the washing process
3. Introduced low temperature washing technology, improved energy saving and hygienic environment.
4. Waste from the factory is sorted out and registered
5. Waste bins were installed in each workshop
6. Regular training on social responsibility, waste management and safety
Snow Fields LLC
As a result of the audit of Snow Fields LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Has a procedure on waste
2. Contract for transportation and reuse of hazardous waste
3. Environmental impact assessment
4. Waste corners are adequately equipped
5. Updated human resource contracts and regulations
6. Electricity and heat meters are registered and have certificates.
7. Energy-efficient lighting, well-arranged lighting location
8. Independent steam boiler, good operation and registration
9. Dyed cashmere dries without steam, it is economical
10. Ventilation is good, and portable air conditioners are adequately installed and used in offices and factories.
11. To reduce CO2, many flowers and plants are planted indoors
12. Good water use control
13. Equipped with water softening equipment
14. Technology regimes are consistently well followed
15. The specialization of the dyeing industry is good
Uguuj Shim LLC
As a result of the audit of Uguuj Shim LLC, the audit team highlights the following good practices and strengths of the company:
1. Internal labor regulations and other human resources documents have been developed and implemented in line with the new Labor Law.
2. OHS training is conducted regularly.
3. Has contracts for the purchase of chemicals and chemical packaging.
4. Good water source solution
5. The issue of water treatment has been fully resolved
6. Implemented initiatives and advanced technology for electricity use and heat saving
7. Electricity and heat consumption are included in the work plan
8. The external and internal waste disposal sites are well maintained and in good condition
9. Training is organized regularly.
10. Cooperates with recycling plant on process wastes
11. Introduced environmentally friendly packaging solutions.